THE WATERWORKS TRADE PROGRAM | LEARN MORE
Updates To This Policy
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information: Personal Data and Other Information. "Personal Data" is information that relates to you as a specific individual and is biographical. "Other Information" is any information that does not identify you as a specific individual. Other Information is addressed below, under the heading "Other Information."
We and our service providers may collect the following Personal Data:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number; abd
- Email address.
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary;
- To send to you important information regarding the UK Waterworks Online Properties, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information;
- To send to you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our and our Affiliates' products, services, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To operate folder share functionality for which you are a registrant or co-registrant;
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties, including to measure the success of marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages that we may sustain.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, and other similar services;
- To our parent company and affiliated entities (collectively, our "Affiliates") for marketing and other purposes;
- To selected third parties ("Promotional Partners"), to permit them to send to you marketing communications;
- To third-party sponsors of contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions;
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through such services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the UK Waterworks Online Properties and to the general public; we urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Data, or any other information, on or through the UK Waterworks Online Properties);
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Other Information" is any information that does not identify you as a specific individual, such as:
- Browser information;
- Server log files;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Physical location of your device;
- Demographic information and other non-personal data provided by you; and
- Aggregated information.
Note that some of this information may be Personal Data depending on how it is stored or combined with other data.HOW WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected through most devices, such as your Media Access Control ("MAC") address, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, screen resolution, and the type and version of your operating system and browser.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol ("IP") address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the UK Waterworks Online Properties, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the UK Waterworks Online Properties.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are small images that may be used by us and our service providers in connection with some pages of the UK Waterworks Online Properties and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, render such pages to you on various hardware devices and operating system versions, track the actions of users and email recipients, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage and response rates. Pixel tags may collect information such as the pages, features and links accessed by a user, and the IP address, browser type and operating system of such user's device.
- Physical location: We and our service providers may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device's physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including for marketing purposes, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such uses. We may also share your device's physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our third-party marketing partners, such as our Promotional Partners, to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such disclosures. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device's location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we, our service providers, and/or our third-party marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Using Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the service, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- From you: We and our service providers may collect demographic information such as your city, state or zip code of residence, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, your gender and your date of birth, when you voluntarily provide this information to us or our service providers. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with information regarding major events such as weddings, child births and the purchase of a new home. We also maintain a record of your orders, purchases, exchanges, returns, wish lists and gift registries in connection with the UK Waterworks Online Properties or our businesses. Unless combined with Personal Data, this information is not personal data relating to you or any other customer or potential customer of our businesses.
- By aggregating information: We and our service providers may aggregate Personal Data collected from our customers and potential customers, for example by using Personal Data to calculate the percentage of such individuals who have a particular telephone area code. Aggregated Personal Data is not personal data.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data (such as combining your zip code with your name). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Data, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Data while it is so combined.
Certain functionality on the UK Waterworks Online Properties may permit interactions that you initiate between the UK Waterworks Online Properties and a third party website or service ("Social Features"). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to "like" or "share" our website content to other websites or services; to log-in to our websites using your username and password for a third party site or service; to transmit content to our websites from your account on a third party website or service; and to otherwise connect our websites to a third party website or service.
If you choose to use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the UK Waterworks Online Properties or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references the UK Waterworks Online Properties (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Waterworks in a tweet or status update), your post may be published on the UK Waterworks Online Properties in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. Also, both Waterworks and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our UK Waterworks Online Properties and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections," or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections" web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
Third Parties & Third Party Sites
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (SUCH AS FACEBOOK INC.), ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH CERTAIN WATERWORKS ONLINE PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE (SUCH AS APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.) AND ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY SITE TO WHICH THE WATERWORKS ONLINE PROPERTIES CONTAIN A LINK. THE INCLUSION OF A LINK ON THE WATERWORKS ONLINE PROPERTIES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE BY US OR BY OUR AFFILIATES.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the UK Waterworks Online Properties. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to the UK Waterworks Online Properties to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the UK Waterworks Online Properties, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Do Not Track Signals
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data under our control. Unfortunately, no data storage system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures.
Please exercise caution in submitting Personal Data via the UK Waterworks Online Properties, especially if you are accessing the UK Waterworks Online Properties using a Wi-Fi hotspot or public network. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account that you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem.
Choices & Access
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may have the right under applicable laws to review, update, limit or delete the Personal Data we hold about you. You may ask for a copy of the Personal Data you gave us.
- Receiving promotional emails or catalogs from us: If you no longer want to receive promotional emails (such as information about new products, special offers and sales events) or catalogs from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by: for promotional emails only, clicking the "opt-out" link in any promotional email or, for catalogs or promotional emails, emailing us at optout@Waterworks.com. When contacting us, please be sure to include your full name and the email and/or postal address that you used when registering or making a purchase.
- Our sharing of your Personal Data with Affiliates, Promotional Partners and other third parties for their marketing purposes: If you no longer want us to share your Personal Data on a going-forward basis with our Affiliates, Promotional Partners and other third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such sharing by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. In so contacting us, please be sure to include your full name and the contact information that you no longer wish to be shared, and state specifically whether you wish to opt-out of such sharing with (a) Affiliates, (b) Promotional Partners and other third parties, or (c) both.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Data from the databases of all our Affiliates, Promotional Partners and other third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Data (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Data as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). While we will make our best efforts to notify these third parties, they may not fully delete your data from their databases. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send important administrative messages to you, and you cannot opt-out from receiving such administrative messages. For example, when you place an order, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with information or questions regarding your order.HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may send requests regarding your Personal Data by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you are not satisfied with a response you receive from us regarding your Personal Data, you can refer the matter to your data protection supervisory authority (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorites/index_en.htm)
You may also update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Waterworks Account" page. While we are responsible for notifying our Affiliates, Promotional Partners, and other third parties of any updated or corrected Personal Data, we are not responsible for changing information in those databases.RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your information as long as is required for our business operations or by applicable laws. We may need to retain certain Personal Data even once your online account has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for business record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of your opt-out or objections to receiving communications from us so that we can ensure that we continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further.
Use of Waterworks Online Properties by Minors
The UK Waterworks Online Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Data through the UK Waterworks Online Properties.
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.